Interactive Diversity Programming
For The Workplace
— Your Audience Is The Jury —
Our interactive diversity experiences put your team—whether you’re a startup, a large corporation, or a healthcare or government organization—at the heart of the story. Your team will act as a jury in a case dealing with issues at the intersection of race, class, religion, gender, social justice, and the law. Since premiering Defamation in 2010, our interactive diversity programs have been performed over 700 times for more than 250,000 people.
“Just Cause really moved the needle in the right direction regarding DEI in our organization. We are excited to keep the conversation going.”
Corgan first brought in Just Cause: The Experience to build onto the award-winning virtual internship program in the summer.
Then in December, Just Cause: The Experience returned to Corgan with the entire company as an audience, as a year-end anchor to its Allyship Is An Action program.
Our programming has been presented to businesses and organizations big and small, including the Oregon State Treasury, Corgan (Architecture & Design), Huron-Clinton Metroparks, Chambers of Commerce, and even an entire legal counsel department for the Americas with a simultaneous hybrid event in 6 countries.
Each of our programs bring a unique opportunity for your organization to engage in civil discourse about the most pressing social issues of our day.
Our proven 3-phase experience model begins by immersing your audience in the power of theater with a riveting legal drama. Then, they will act as jurors to decide the outcome of the case, followed by a post-show discussion bring the issues to life for them as individuals and as a part of your organization.
Conversations started at your organization will last for days, weeks & months.
In the Post-Show Discussion, our experienced facilitator will guide a conversation that gives your team a way to share their own personal experiences and perspectives. Typical discussion themes include:
- The unique perspectives we each bring as individuals into the workplace
- How our own experiences shape our relationships with clients and coworkers
- How power plays into our daily interactions at work and in our communities
- The issues at play in a work setting besides what’s written on a page
- How social and identity issues play into hiring, firing, and retention
- What it takes to have difficult conversations
- The role of individuals vs. organizations in social justice
- Allyship, respect, and accountability
An ideal diversity program appropriate for your entire organization or targeted for specific audiences and events:
- Orientation & Onboarding
- Team Building & Professional Development for Staff
- Ongoing Diversity Programming
- Community Outreach